Friday, January 12, 2007

Craft Days - Simple Pleasures

Where has this week gone? I feel we haven't achieved many great things. This afternoon, we are doing a spot of painting as a craft session. Ella is doing a dolphin canvas, Danny is doing some photos and painting for his cousins, Tommy is applying a lot of paint to a canvas and Bailey is doing a window painting of Thomas the Tank Engine (his favourite at the moment). At the moment we are trying to decide where to go for dinner, my friend Jo gave me a few good and new suggestions so I think we will use one of those. It's good to have friends that share the same interests, such as good food, as you.
I have done quiet a few scrapbook pages this week, the creative inspiration has hit. I picked a word for the year after reading Ali Edwards newsletter. I also did her challenge:
1. My word is HOPE
2a. To find a quote:
Faith goes
up the stairs
love has built
& looks out the window
which hope has opened.
(Charles Spurgeon)
2b. Every heart that has a beat strongly and cheerfully has left a hopeful impulse behind it in the world and bettered the tradition of mankind.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)
2c. For beautiful you are myworld my true
Here is the deepest secret no-one knows
Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
And the sky of the sky in tree called life which grows higher that the soul
Can hope or mind hide
It's the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
I carry your heart in my heart.
(E.E Cummings - In Her Shoes)
I have loved Robert Louis Stevenson since we did some work on him in Gr 4 with Mrs Mac and the second is from one of my favourite movies. I picked HOPE because this word is one I see alot of each day as it's hanging in our kitchen. Really, hope is a wonderful thing to have.
I hope you all have a great Friday night. Brontx

1 comment:

chanel said...

great word sweetie .... have a great weekend. Melbourne rocks!